Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Day All In One Picture

It's such a beautiful day! So I decided to do some school work and some reading out on our gazebo. I find it much more peaceful and quiet out there and I tend to get a lot more done out there too. I get so distracted inside with the phone ringing(most of the time its those annoying toll-free #'s), the dog barking or the cats playing & making lots of noises. Outside its just the sound of birds chirping and an occasional car going by. So nice! I love to read outside when its warm & pretty. I've been finishing up the last series of the Kingsbury books until ryan introduced me to this book you see in the picture called Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley.

About the Book:

Author, Carolyn McCulley, talks about Biblical Womanhood is Not for the Weak. How can we understand the delicate balance of cultural influence, historical perspective, and biblical authority when it comes to our role as women in the home, workplace, church, and culture? In what ways have the three waves of feminism hindered God's vision for women? And, ultimately, how do we understand where to go from here?

Written by a former feminist who now finds herself embracing the distinctions between men and women, Radical Womanhood will equip women from all different perspectives and backgrounds to understand what it means to be a woman. Far from taking a combative approach toward understanding the complexities of the female identity, Radical Womanhood presents the pro-woman truth of the Bible. Biblical womanhood is not for the weak--Carolyn will show you how to be radical.

I've been so busy here lately and hadn't had a chance to read it much until today. I've only gotten through a couple of chapters and its already amazing! I believe I'll have this one read by the end of the week. ..and the cover of the book even has a shoe on it, hee hee. For those of you who like to read I figured I would share a great book with you. I recommend it to every woman. If you would like to borrow mine when I'm finished I'll be more than happy to let you read it. I also have her blog listed on mine under Blogs I enjoy. Its called Radical Womanhood as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I love the picture of you and Ryan. Ya'll are such a great looking couple.

I totally agree that the role of a woman/wife/mother in the Bible is radically different from what our society sets forth as examples for women to follow. I would definitely like to read the book when you get finished.

See you Wednesday,
Sherri

Michelle said...

I have heard about this book and have wanted to read it, so, can I be after sherri =P

Leah said...

Oh, that book sounds so intersting! I've never heard of it. I think I'll put it on my Christmas list. :)

Love your gazebo. I've always wanted a gazebo of my own. They are so peaceful and romantic. Maybe someday!